Gwinnett Mothers of Multiples
Serving Mothers of Multiples since 1974
We meet at 7:30pm the second Tuesday of every month
(except May and December) at Cannon United Methodist Church,
2424 Webb Gin House Road in Snellville, Georgia.
Click here for the location.
Please call 240-466-6074 for more information.
Are you a New Member? Would you like to be?
Click here! or
join us through our Big Tent group.
Our Next Meeting is November 11th.
October's Message From Our President, Jessica Brown
Let me start by thanking CaDee Lee and Jenny Stockwell for an awesome Fall party. I hope everyone had a great time trick or treating with their kids. Minnie Mouse and Optimus Prime had a great time! I love Halloween as it signals the start of my favorite time of year, the holiday season. As a GMOM, we have our upcoming BINGO (Tuesday, December 2nd at 7pm) and the family Christmas party with Santa and Mrs. Claus (Saturday, December 13th from 12-2pm. This month my family is looking forward to our annual trip to my Florida for Thanksgiving at my parents' house. My mom, my aunt and I also shop till we drop Thanksgiving night into Black Friday. Yes, I am one of those people and I make no apologies for it!
This is also a time of giving. GMOMs always have the Angel Tree where we usually collect some items for our outreach families. We have no requests at this time for the tree from our families so we are going to collect gift cards from Target, Walmart, Publix and Kroger to help our members as the needs arise. The tree will be at the November meeting, BINGO and the Christmas Party. Finally, as your kids begin receiving new toys and clothes over the next couple of months, pull those outgrown items in preparation for our spring sale. A date should be announced soon!
Peace, Love and Multiples,
Back to Top
October's Message From Our Vice President, Christina Dillard
Vice President's Message
Happy November, GMOMs!
Severe weather in October caused us to cancel our October monthly meeting. However, we have confirmed our breast health speaker will still present to us, at our November meeting. This will be a wonderful learning opportunity for us all, and I hope to see you there!
Our annual Bingo night is fast approaching also. Save the date: Tuesday, December 2, at 7 p.m. We have booked our venue, and are actively collecting prizes. Our prizes are obtained strictly through donation. Please consider if you may be able to obtain or donate prizes in any of these capacities:
- Direct sales (Thirty-One, Mary Kay, Tupperware, etc.) - if you or someone close to you is in direct sales, maybe you (or he or she) can donate inventory (small giveaways or larger gift bundles)
- Community businesses (coffee shops, restaurants, nail salons, etc) - if you regularly visit a particular business, please consider asking if they would donate a prize or gift certificate
- Hand-made items - Even if you aren't in direct sales, but are talented enough to make cool, desirable items like crochet scarves, vinyl lettering on wine glasses, front door wreaths, or seasonal mantle banners
- Re-gifts - Do you have great, new, unwanted items sitting in your closet? If it's new and is something that someone else may like to have, it may be time to re-gift! No taboo here!
- Wine - Almost all GMOMs would enjoy taking home a bottle of wine after Bingo. Consider bringing one as a giveaway, in addition to bringing your beverage of choice.
Prizes may be brought to the November meeting, or contact me (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make other arrangements for handing off those gifts. Business donations are tax-deductible, and all donor businesses will receive recognition in the February GMOM newsletter.
Back to Top
Join us for all the future GMOM Meetings:
See the Member's Only Page for
information about our upcoming events.
It's now time to renew your dues! For new members, dues remain $20, and with BigTent, you can pay
electronically on-line (for $21.55). Of course, it is still possible to mail your dues and
pay by cash or check. See the renewal form for the address.
Our year started June 1st, and dues without a $5 late fee are due by August's meeting. Dues must be received before you will have full
access to the group on BigTent.
Back to Top
Last Revised: 11/7/2014.
Gwinnett Mothers of Multiples Website © 2007 - 2014
Comments about this website? Send an E-Mail to the Webmaster.